View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Default Inspired by Trae, Ted, and Dave.... I think I will try....

Posted By: MVSNYC

well, i can speak to this...i have ALWAYS been a T206 back collector, at one point i had 33 of the 40 that T206museum lists (i was going nuts trying to chase all the different series & factories, etc)...i have since sold off a huge amount of cards, and i refocused even tighter than your suggested task...my focus is the 15 different brands for now (although i have 2 P-42's and a red & brown hindu)...BUT, the best quality i can get...i have slowly been working to upgrade these, here's how it looks now:

1. American Beauty PSA 2
2. Broad Leaf 350 PSA 3
3. Carolina Brights PSA 3
4. Cycle PSA 5
5. Drum PSA 1
6. El Principe De Gales PSA 5
7. Hindu PSA 1
8. Lenox PSA 3
9. Old Mill PSA 3 (just sold a SLer 9oc)
10. Piedmont PSA 9
11. Polar Bear PSA 4
12. Sovereign PSA 5
13. Sweet Caporal PSA 8
14. Tolstoi PSA 1
15. Uzit PSA 1

MY ADVICE:

1. Try to get the tuff ones out of the way first, whenever you see them come up, attack! and get them...drum, uzit, lenox...IF you see these come up on eBay or at shows, even if they are lower grade (which they will be), do what you can to get them, because they don't come thru all that often, and you will kick yourself in the pants later, if you had past them up and the time has come that you need them...the rest are plentiful (save hindu)...

2. For now, in the beginning, focus on the 15 brands, then once you have done that, then branch-out and start doing series, factories, etc...

GOOD LUCK!!!