View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 02:25 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
One of the guys I was originally helping to search for and/or buy old balls showed me some of these that he just obtained. Everyone knows that old baseball cards have been reprinted, and while I've seen "old" footballs and football helmets being re-made, I was not aware that old baseballs have been re-printed:
Rawlings also did a series of "reprint" baseballs under the label "Pastime Collection" (at least I think that was the name IIRC) going at least as far back as Frick balls. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there on them, but the ones that I have seen tended to have slightly smaller/tighter logos than the originals. They didn't make them for long, and they seem to have been quickly absorbed into the hobby, no doubt bought up by would-be forgers. If anyone has any Rawlings catalogs or dealer literature from the 1990's, perhaps they can dig up some info and share?

At one time, I had several of these that were from the series. See if you can spot what's wrong here:

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 07-05-2014 at 02:26 PM.