View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 05:46 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post
In regards to the Blue back Sovereign I posted above, SGC did in fact holder it Authentic and each person on their staff(and the floor), unequivocally said it was Blue. SGC just won't label any color errors on the flips at this time due to policy. They stated that I could tell people it was Blue, the A label basically portrays their opinion of it being Blue as well, and being a legitimate card.

I have added a scan of the front, most had seen it elsewhere, it appears to be missing the red and/or orange color pass. At one time someone said the card might have been soaked and changed colors, I have seen 100's maybe thousands of soaked T206's and none have changed colors, the ones done chemically turned out psychedelic. And..if the card were soaked turning the green blue in some way, why is the grass still green on the front...Printers scrap maybe? Doctored I doubt it, it was unknown to it's owner in a large T206 holding.
Hi Scott

Cool Sovereign, it's for real. As, I'm sure you know, it's simply a color printing error which is missing the yellow ink in order to create the green back.

Sovereign (and American Beauty) cards can be found with blue backs; but, they are an extremely rare "breed". The yellow ink in the 6-color printing
process preceded the blue ink; therefore, it is very unlikely to find one. However, they do surface on rare occasions.

As I said, you have a real cool card there.

P.S.….why did they grade it an "A" ? It appears to be factory cut.

TED Z

T206 Reference

Last edited by tedzan; 08-05-2019 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Add Post Script.