View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Tony N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I agree. Here's an idea for next time: Most dealers have their business cards or phone #s on display at their tables. Next time that happens, take the card, call the # and ask to speak with the guy who's ignoring the customers.

And FWIW, at least you have shows in the northeast to not attend and bitch about. I can't recall the last show we had in LA. Had to be in 2008 or 2009...
Whoever was behind the table for Clean Sweep auctions was very ignorant. He had his elbow across the display case, covering up some of his T206's, and was talking to another person working with him. He finally made eye contact with me, and I asked him if he had any Lajoie portraits with a tougher back, he seemed like I bothered him, and replied "I might." He continued to talk to his freind, but never moved his elbow off of the display case. I said "Don't worry about it" and walked away. I will never deal with him, ever!

I had great dealings with Chuck Blue and Roger Burns from Four Star cards. Ted Z and Keith Vari were also very helpful.

Tony