View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 09:17 AM
Bry@n

Thanks for posting this Hank!

I stirred a lot of this up when I contacted Hank and the kind folks at the museum to see if they had any good pictures of the Weiser team's uniforms or the player's faces while I researched one of my RPPCs (below). The uniforms have subtle differences but are really close to the uniform shown in the famous Weiser RPPC of WaJo (not mine) and in one of the pictures of the Weiser team in Hank's book (not mine). There are subtle differences, but looking at the pictures below and the uniforms at the museum that Hank posted, it seems that the team changed uniforms frequently in their six (?) years of existence. The Weiser team was created in 1906 and the stamp box ids my RPPC as being from 1908-1910, so it is in the right window. Obviously no WaJo in the picture otherwise it would be easy.

Anyway, back to the Rose PC. When I called last fall the nice woman to whom I spoke said that there were two letters that had recently been donated to the museum that are from the grandchildren of the woman that was Walter's sweetheart when he lived in Weiser. She said he sent them to her not long after he moved away. I had no idea one was a Rose PC (!!), though I have been anxiously waiting to see them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Poss Weiser RPPC c.jpg (71.0 KB, 333 views)
File Type: jpg 1907 Weiser photo from Hank Thomas 2.jpg (69.2 KB, 328 views)
File Type: jpg Weiser Cabinet.jpg (34.4 KB, 330 views)