View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 11:19 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhey24 View Post
That looks great Tom -- the year is clutch.

What did Robbie donate to earn the lifetime pass?

Greg
Actually, we received three lifetime passes, one for me, my brother, and my Mom:

Two mid-grade but raw duplicates:
T3 Orval Overall
1933 Goudey Lefty Grove

and the only one I regret giving up at all:

1928 Harrington's Babe Ruth

-also raw, but not a dup

- the visit was absolutely priceless, so it was easy to donate these cards. I now own three graded Babes so I'm mostly over any regret (still don't have another Harrington's though)

Mom was already in somewhat failing health so not having to wait in line was very important.
Tip for donating: You may not have to give up as much as I did to get a Lifetime Pass, but they do not accept just anything...it has to be something they do not have on display.

The beauty of that selectivity is that, even though they do not display their full inventory of cards all the time, but rather rotate them, there is always a chance you may get to see your donation displayed. Some of you regular visitors may have actually laid eyes on my Babe. Cool, huh!!
Raymond (aka 'Robbie')

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente