View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 06:58 PM
Er1c Sh@rp.

Default .

Really cool Frank. I am 41 so I missed the post WWII golden years of my youth, but I did grow up working for trade in a shop buried in the heart of a historic district(when I wasn't working on the farm). We had Native American artifacts, vinyl records, cards of all sorts and random antiques. It was one of the best educational experiences of my life learning from the characters that came through those doors. We had a 1920's cash register and an old bank safe. It was still a time when people talked about baseball and searched through boxes of commons that I had spent hundreds of hours sorting for them to complete sets a few cards at a time. A 1957 sleeveless Ted Kluszewski, Luis Aparicio and All-Star cards of Herb Score were gems found in those boxes. No plastic encasing any of them. I picked at dry rotted rubber bands from thousands of 1950's cards and often times bought, sold and traded with their original collectors. Anyway, thanks for drumming up some fond memories and helping me remember that baseball cards used to be about the game/sport and relationship to the players.

Last edited by Tao_Moko; 06-29-2017 at 06:59 PM.