View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 02:37 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Net54baseball Pre-War Set Group Break - Set to be Decided?

Hey Guys and Girls
Nick and I spoke about the potential for a group break and given the responses from the other thread think we want to go ahead and try it at least once . Nick is on board for doing it exactly the way it was laid out in the other thread. I will purchase a set or a partial set of Pre-War cards. That group should have 50-200 cards to make it viable and to not have too many spots to fill. He agrees that we should mark it up 10% (my proceeds will go to a North Texas Animal cause). Then there will be a $1 per card expense for expenses(packaging??) PLUS the actual shipping charge (and we will probably round up so Nick doesn't get stuck holding the bag). Cards over a certain amount will get insurance. If a lower end card gets lost I will cover it. We don't think the partial/set should be too expensive or folks won't be able to afford it. We are thinking somewhere in the 2500-4000 budget range for the group. After the set/group is acquired and Nick has them he will be doing all of the organizing and so forth. We are considering different ways of doing the break too, with Rich K's idea a possibility. Of course there will be 100% transparency in everything we do.Once we have this discussion for a day or two I will be on the lookout for the first set to do. Let's have some fun with it.
Thoughts on a set or thoughts in general??

Last edited by Leon; 08-08-2014 at 02:37 PM.