View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 01:51 AM
Administrator

Default What Was Your Best Pickup Of 2007?

Posted By: DMcD

If you're ever in Honolulu I'll be the grisly guy you'll see pushing a shopping cart down Kapiolani Boulevard jammed with black contractor bags full of old cardboard. Scored some serious icons and some fun cards this past year. All were my bestest pickups in 2007. Only the Billikens were an impulse buy (love the little gems; thanks, Matt). The rest were on my wantlist/dreamlist. The Bransfield has a pinhole big enough to break an axle but it got me over the hump on the T3 set. Checkout those Antarctic volcanoes spewing lava behind Sir Ernest. Gnarly!

Edited to add: Thanks for the nice comments below, guys. Beisbol been berry berry good to me in 2007. I don't figure to go nearly as hog-wild in 2008 although if a nice low-grade, decent eye-appeal T52 Mantle comes along I'll take a shot. I am just glad I don't covet T206s (the Monster told me to quit and I listened) otw I'd have a slew of huge bucks cards on the ol' wishlist.

It's a nice change from the usual ruckus to see all the great acquisitions everyone has posted. I particularly slobbered at the sight of DB Paul's Our Matty Pastime Novelty pc with its Greek god pose. I am a sucker for anything Mathewson. Also drooled profusely over Jeff L.'s Cobb items and Steve M.'s Chesbro roto postcard. Steve FDNY got it right: Eye candy! Gotta love it!