View Single Post
Old 05-06-2004, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Edward Auctions

Posted By: hankron

I feel terrible about this whole situation, and wish I had not started it. My question was about a DiMaggio streak photograph with a UPI stamp (UPI being formed at a later date) on the back. I then realized (and should have decided in the first place, which was my main error) that the photo should not be judged from afar, and there can be legitimate reasons for the UPI stamp to be there. I regularly preach that one has to see an item in person to well judge and should have followed my own advice. As REA had viewed it in person, they would have the best judgement on it and I now 100% defer judgement on the photo to REA. This is why I dropped the issue and asked everyone to ignore everything I said. This is also why I asked Mr Lifson to to ignore the issue and made retraction of my opinions. I had honestly wished everyone would forget I said anything and render my original thoughts as moot.

If REA feels the photo is fine, that's the only opinion anyone should be concerned with.

I was in error in mentioning the issue, and what I said should not have reflection on on REA. Mr Lifson's pursuance of the issue reflects well on his company.

Again, I acted poorly in this episode and should have never offered an opinion on this matter. The eposide has demostrated that I am not a right fit for the baseball hobby and visa versa. I've decided that it's best for all parties that I bow out of the baseball hobby and no longer offer opinions on baseball photographs. My interests had shifted to other areas and this episode is a helpful push in the right direction. I never got paid in the first place, which likely is a good indication that my opinions were not valued (other than casually) in the first place.

Best wishes
David