View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:07 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Research for Board Members

I know you are all excited about this auction. Rarely is a Manrique card in this condition seen up for auction in any venue. Before you impulsively punch in that first bid I thought that you should know a little more about Fred.

Fred's major league career spanned the 1980s. He had no particular strengths. In eleven years he played for 8 different teams in both leagues.
The highlight of his career would have to be his tenure with the California Angels. After being dumped by the Twins in August, Fred was signed by the Angels on December 7th, 1990. During spring training in 1991 Fred prepared for a break out year with the Halos only to be cut on April 1st. Fred, thinking this was an April Fools prank showed up an April 2nd to find his locker empty.
He wandered aimlessly for several weeks, before being picked up by Oakland.

His Angel stat line of all zeroes compare favorably with the rest of his career. I would have to conclude that Fred Manrique is not a future Hall of Famer. Bid accordingly.

As for the movie, I would anticipate a return on investment equal to his Angel stat line..................all zeroes.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.