View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Archive

Default Some great stories!

I came close to getting one last year during an Cleveland Indians game. About two minutes before the foul, my best friend told his daughter & her friend to pay attention because we were sitting in a section that could see a few foul balls. A few minutes later Asdrubal Cabrera fouled a ball right to us. I could tell I had no chance of getting the ball, so I yelled to my best friend to grab it & he did.

Within minutes, a stadium staff member came down and got some information from my friend. He received a 1-day contract from the Cleveland Indians organization for catching the ball.

Next thing we know, my friend's phone starts ringing, it was his father wanting to know why he & I were on his TV screen. He was watching the game too.

Ironically, the reason we went to the game was because my friend asked his daughter what she wanted for her birthday. She said that she wanted to go to a game. The foul ball, which my friend gave to his daughter, was just an extra bonus gift I guess.

On a side note, has anyone else ever noticed that when a foul ball is coming towards you it looks like it is traveling in slow motion?

Jantz