View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 11:18 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default What would you think if you got this reply from a major auction house?

I recently saw a lot in an auction by a major auction house with cards from multiple sets etc. They had one photo showing a lot of cards, from different sets, most hidden where you could not see condition, numbers names etc.

In the description they just said for example:

1952 Topps 13 diff, 1949 Leaf 18 diff, etc. No card numbers listed on any of them.

I emailed and asked what numbers they had from one of the sets and to send me a scan of two cards I could partially see in the photo.

I received no replies after three emails. I finally emailed the owner of the AH and received the below reply:

we will do our best but we are in the throes of the recent auction and we will try

The next day in my inbox was an email from the person I originally emailed. Figuring the owner had asked them to reply to my questions, that person replied:

Sorry, yes, we received your requests and it is on our list to do, but with the catalog auction just closing we are extremely busy and have not had a chance to do it yet.
We will try our best, but i can not promise anything.

Am I being unrealistic in my request? If an AH can not answer questions on an auction ending in a week because they are still dealing with an earlier auction maybe they should not run them so close together.

Your take?