View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 11:52 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
"Turkey Mike" was quite a character. He was the "Talk of the Town" in New York City. Not only for his BB prowess, but also his vaudeville
performances (with his wife) on Broadway. Mike would have been a "contender" for the BB Hall of Fame with his career BA = .333 and a
Slugging Avg. = .468 (higher than many stars in the Deadball Era), if he had just devoted more of his time to BB.
Any given time when the TCM channel is featuring Silent Movies, there is a good chance you'll see Donlin in the cast. He was featured in
53 movies. The most notable ones being "The General" and "Slide Kelly Slide".

Just a simple explanation why Mike Donlin is one of my favorite T206's. Especially, his batting pose in the white-bordered tobacco cards.
Here is a partial run which I will be working on for quite some time to complete.

My question to any of you is....is the yellow-brown "scrap" in my run a unique card ? I haven't seen another such Donlin; however, there
are quite a number of T206 yellow-brown scraps in circulation in the hobby. I appreciate your response.

. .
PIEDMONT #42

. .

TED Z
Hi Ted, I've been trying to follow the "Yellow/Brown" scrap cards for as long as I've been searching and studying the full color "No Prints". Since they are both in the same category, Group A and Group B, both missing their Overprint Scroll and covering the Factory 30 and replacing it with the Factory 42 Overprint. The only thing is I don't count the 6 Super Prints because they were printed with the Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 backs. All the other cards from Group A and B were never meant to exist with the Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 backs.

Your Mike Donlin With Bat is the only one I've seen. I try to save all images of these Yellow/Brown scraps as they come along and get listed.

GROUP "A" 29 Hand-Cut Yellow/Brown Color (Scrap - Not Issued) Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 back (This Front/Back combo was never issued in tobacco products).

I'm missing the following scans/images of the following Yellow/Brown Scraps. Any help with a scan or picture would be appreciated.

FRANK HOME RUN BAKER (I have a scan but I don't believe it to be a Yellow/Brown)
PATSY DOUGHERTY - ARM IN AIR
RED KLEINOW - BOSTON - CATCHING
NAP RUCKER - THROWING

GROUP "B" 28 Hand-Cut Full Color (Scrap - Not Issued) Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 back (This Front/Back combo was never issued in tobacco products).

This 28 card set I personally own and can share scans of any of the 28 cards when requested.

GROUP "C" or "Super Prints" 6 Hand-Cut Yellow/Brown Color (Scrap - Not Issued) Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 back (This Front/Back combo was issued in tobacco products, but only the full color non scrap version of the cards).

I'm missing the following scans/images of the following Yellow/Brown Scraps. Any help with a scan or picture would be appreciated.

HAL CHASE - BLACK CAP
TY COBB - PORTRAIT RED

Thank you in advance for the help that anyone can provide to my missing scans collection. I would really like to put together a complete Yellow/Brown Subset. It would go great with my 28 card "No Print" set. Because these sheets of cards were literally stacked side by side, waiting for their Factory Overprint to be added. The only difference was the "Group B" cards were ready for their overprint and then be cut into singles, but someone grabbed a few sheets before that happened and most likely brought them home for the kids to cut up and play with. The "Group A" Yellow/Brown scraps were likely taken straight from the trash can and brought home, maybe by the same person. We will never know. The 6 Super Print scraps are interesting but because that exact front/back combo was made and inserted into packs, they are missing that specialness I crave.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11