Thread: So really...
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Please forgive my ignorance in advance...

The original Negatives being offered are amazing/one of a kind/rare/etc... I get that. But what can you do with them (other than possibly printing off new photos?). Is there a way to display these? In front of a light, perhaps? I have always wondered what people do with the negatives, once they've acquired them.

Perhaps I am missing something obvious... you can't really frame them, so how do you guys display them?

Thanks!

I love negs. It's hard to explain. I think it's the rarity coupled with the fragility, coupled with the fact you can often find great images for less then the price of the more common print because there's not as much competition for them, since most people don't know what to do with them.

I really like when they come in their original press or studio photographer sleeves.

No you can't display them on their own. You actually want to keep them in a cool, dry, dark place at all times.

You can make prints and display them, just like any other photo. I've actually got a scanner that does a beautiful job with all sizes of negs, and every once in awhile I'll play around with a few in photoshop. That said, most of my negs are packed away, never to be touched. Someday I tell myself......someday.