View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 09:45 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
I've often said that if one wanted to fix the eBay counterfeit issue, one should pursue the trademark/copyright angle. Whether or not the auction description was deceptive or not would be immaterial. Remove all unauthorized reprints would nip it in the bud, just as Coach etc has all unauthorized reproductions of their products removed.
I hate to victim blame on this, but much of the counterfeiting falls on the current trademark holders (Topps, Panini, NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, etc) for their lack of prosecution or civil damage claims against those doing this. EBay goes after those fakes basically only for those that hold them liable as well as providing those companies with contact info to the sellers for legal and civil consequence.

As long as they continue to ignore this, eBay will as well. There are zero consequences other than "possible" removal of a listing.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.