View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Without reading all thirty something pages of this thread to seek out an answer, can someone tell me why in heck the 1987 set is so popular in the autographs world?

(Did I already ask this question?? It's possible, because whenever I see the thread, it's the first thing that comes to mind.)
I guess for me it was just something that happened in 2015. I had previously had about 10 signed in the set, but I had just about the complete set, and I was nostalgic for it because even though I wasn't alive in 1987, I do remember buying some packs as an adolescent and remembering some cards in that set - Otis Nixon, Jim Morrison, Bob James, Thad Bosley, Rance Mulliniks, Tracy Jones, I can't remember who else. I do remember thinking the set design was very sweet and it made me nostalgic for a decade I didn't live a single day in and I just thought it was so cool with the way it looked.

There are also plenty of terrific signers from that set. While Nixon isn't one of them, I remember him from Ken Griffey Baseball on the N64 and was pretty taken aback that he was around back then.