View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 10:08 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Gary, looks to me like BVG blew the ID on that card [would need to handle it raw to be sure]. The peeling damage of the card looks spot on for the damage on my Heilmann, and it is on a thin PC stock.

From my research in Exhibit machinery, the cards have to be a certain thickness to vend properly through the mechanism. The BW PCs w/o the Eastern tag line are too thin to vend.

I am not sure, frankly, whether there are BW 1922 Easterns or whether the postcards were misidentified as Easterns when the first catalogs were done. I know I haven't personally handled an Eastern with a BW front Eastern tag line on back, nor have I seen one w/either an Eastern or ESCO back that wasn't the proper card stock to vend. Er, let me rephrase: I think what has been reported as black and white Eastern Exhibits are actually a separate postcard issue. It does appear that the same original artwork was used to make both sets [the exhibit issue isn't a second generation pirated reshoot of the PCs but was made from the same original artwork].

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 02-09-2015 at 10:20 AM.