Thread: pwcc
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 05:17 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Attachment 118855
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyseymour View Post
The proof is in the pudding - look at the cards, and you will see the difference. You can see that the scans are coming out brighter than they really are.
You're assuming that just because the scans are brighter, he's adjusting the settings. This may not be so. I work for an engineering company and I use a lot of different reproduction equipment. One scanner I use very often is designed to enhance colors (mostly reds and blues) and minimize black (factory settings). We mark-up vendor drawings with red and blue pencils and this scanner enhances our marks and comments so when we send them back to the vendor, our marks really stand out for easy identification.

My point is that you have no idea what kind of scanner he is using and are only assuming that he is adjusting the colors because of the brightness of the scans. If you like, I can scan a card with my scanner at work and then scan the same card with my scanner at home and you will see a noticeable difference in the brightness of the two cards (using only factory settings on each).

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 10-21-2013 at 05:18 PM.