View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 09:34 PM

Default Need Help Evaluating a Card: Registration

Greetings,

I have met a very nice person through the Net54 board, and we are talking about an exchange of my $ for his card. The card is a T206 Christy Mathewson. See the attached image.

I love the card but for one issue - the registration. I hope the attached JPG is adequate. Note the thin line on the right side and the ghosting on the left side of the uniform. This appears to be a registration problem.

I could use some help understanding:
- is this a registration problem?
- if it is a registration problem, is it a significant one?
- if it is a problem, how much does it effect the value of the card and the card's ability to maintain its value?

If it was just an issue of how I liked the card, no problem. I see it when I study the card but I find the overall card very appealing. My concern is that this is an expensive card and I want to make sure - even though I don't want to ever sell - that this card would maintain value and would fit into the PSA 5 range.

Thanks to the seller for being so reasonable and fair, and thanks for any and all feedback! My view and the seller's is that the card could have gotten a 6, but perhaps it didn't because of the registration?

Eric
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T206 CM DC.jpg (26.5 KB, 201 views)