View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 07:59 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Well, the OP did name the thread "Dean's Cards - Deja Vu All Over Again," because it is a never ending curiosity as to how that company stays in business.

Decided to do a bit of an experiment, so I searched ebay for a bunch of random star cards that I looked at/for recently, then I decided to sort by "Price + Shipping: highest first" and took some screenshots. Take a wild frickin' guess who kept appearing on top. Anyone? Anyone?

1968 Mantle PSA 7. The top listing isn't for the card alone, it's for the team set...

1968mantlepsa7deans.jpg

1965 Koufax PSA 7. Only two listings...

1965koufaxpsa7deans.jpg

1966 high number rookies PSA. This search was for all PSA graded cards, and Dean-o's is a lower grade than the less expensive ones...

1966591psadeans.jpg

1966 Choo Choo high number PSA 7. Again, our buddy's card is much more expensive than equal and higher graded examples...

1966choochoopsadeans.jpg

1968 Seaver PSA 7...

1968seaverpsadeans.jpg

1966 Mays PSA 7...

1966mayspsa7deans.jpg

1966 Rose PSA 8. The top listing is for an OPC Rose...

1966rosepsa8deans.jpg

For full disclosure, other cards I searched for didn't have anything from this wonderful company listed, so they aren't included here. And most, if not all, of these examples include one or more cards with comparable (if not better) characteristics such as centering.

Mmm...this dead horse meat is getting so tender.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.