View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Default Anonymous Collector looking to "come out"

Posted By: JK

Derek,

Welcome to the Board. Contrary to a few of the posts above, I think a scan will almost always come out better than a photo whether the card is slabbed or not - as long as you have a good scanner. Specifically, there have been other theads that have noted that the ultra thin scanners (such as the cannons) do not do a good job scanning slabbed cards (they tend to focus on the slab rather than the card resulting in the card itself being slightly out of focus). The thicker scanners, such as the Epson Perfections and the HPs should scan perfectly for you. Ive posted a scan below - done with an epson - I doubt you will find many photos better.

One other comment. You stated "I've never sold any of my collection, so I have never had a need to scan or take a picture of my cards."

Even if you never post a scan/picture, I highly recommend that you keep scans or photos for your records in the event the cards were ever stolen or lost in a fire, etc. If you have your cards insured, which I also recommend, you will need the scans if something were to happen. I scan my cards and keep the scans both on my computer at home and on a separate cd which I store at my office.