View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 05:37 PM
Don Hontz

If I could chime in on prices from a dealers prospective===the last 5 years or so, it is very tough to find good material, if you do, you have to pay the price which then leads to higher prices----I buy material from auction houses, shows and collectors===It is very competitive--so prices reflect this. The last couple years, I have been buying from a long time collector who is selling off his sets---He uses VCP and I usually pay 80% off the high price---If I don't pay his asking price, it would go to a auction house--but I am happy to pay his price and get great cards and he is happy to get paid quickly.--- I know there is a lot of complaining on prices, but most of this is due to higher prices now being paid---Oh, for the old days, I started in 1977 and in the 80's you could purchase great material. I purchased all I could at very fair buy prices, you couldn't go wrong because the stuff went up monthly and you always made money. But getting back to the White Plains show, there is great material there and I buy from some of the dealers, so prices cant be all that bad.