View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Van Horn View Post
He has interesting things to auction, but a few years ago I asked him why so much for s/h. That set him off. For about 45 minutes we were going back and forth and the only thing I wanted to know was why he wanted over $8.00 for s/h.
Some years ago, I bought a single photo from him for a small amount, then was surprised to be charged $8 for S&H (Sellers didn't have to post S&H then, not sure if he did or not; I might not have been paying attention, or perhaps saw it and wanted the photo anyway.) I paid the invoice and included a message to the effect that the typical charge for photos, which I bought a lot of, was at the high end around $3-4 at that time. His response to that message was, "Well, you won't have to worry about it anymore because I've just banned you from my auctions." He's had a lot of nice stuff over the years, and I would have been bidding on lots of it, so he's cost himself a lot of money. I'm sure the kick he got from having the power to bar me was worth it, though. I know he has a lot of respect from many on this board, but from my perspective, he's a real idiot.

Last edited by Hankphenom; 05-08-2014 at 12:38 PM.