View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 05:26 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Default Who's Next in the Graig Kreindler Topps Subset

In response to me asking Graig himself, he replied:

In answer to your question, I can indeed divulge who's next, though I don't have the entire list, and it's not really in any order yet. Next is Tom Seaver, followed by Jackie Robinson, and then Babe Ruth. I believe after that, in some kind of order, we've got Campanella, Cal Ripken, Spahn, Mays, Mike Trout, and Ken Griffey. I think there are still a few spots that they're considering, and I wouldn't be surprised if they want me to stay on the modern side. I DO know that I won't be doing Mantle or DiMaggio, and maybe Mathewson, all due to rights issues.

With that in mind, it's Topps who covers all of those rights issues, in that they have licenses with MLB, MLBPA and whatever player estates that they've negotiated with. It's my understanding that they weren't able to make it happen with Mantle and DiMaggio for some reason (I'm guessing money). But yeah, that stuff is all under their own umbrella, and thankfully I don't have to worry about it while providing them with artwork. Had that not been the case, I would have never agreed to working with them on such a project.

Anywho, thanks so much for keeping up with the set! It's a thrill to see it all come to fruition, even if I wish the quality and product was a little bit better. But yeah, I have no control over that.

Look for the Seaver card available on 7/23 (cards released every two weeks)

-Robbie

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 07-17-2019 at 05:27 AM.