View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 10:20 PM
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
One of the things that always gets me is how much difference there can be even when the subject is known.

For instance the two pictures shown, the distance between the eyes compared to the distance between the mouth and eyes is different. I wouldn't think that's something that would change especially over only three years, but there it is.
Steve B
Steve - I don't agree. These dimensions would not change, and the photos do not indicate that they have.

Keeping in mind that only approximate measurement comparison is possible, you first have to get the relative scale right. In this case you have to consider that the face on the left is turned a bit to his left and also tilted forward compared to the face in the photo on the right, which is of poor quality. I've matched the distance from eyes (approximating where the pupils should be) to the base of the nose. This is as I said approximate. This is better than matching the distance from eyes to mouths because mouths can move.

Note that the two light blue lines are the exactly the same size. You can use them to compare the respective distances across the foreheads - they are very close. Similarly the 2 yellow lines are exactly the same size - they indicate that the respective distances between the irises are also pretty close.

Lastly, for the face on the right the bottom of the chin is a little lower, but it's easy enough to open one's jaws somewhat while keeping the mouth closed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg marsans.jpg (68.3 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by bmarlowe1; 02-12-2015 at 10:44 PM.