View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
That's not true at all. I made it very clear that I think the videos, the hawking of the crap was bad -- and I told you that your criticism was welcomed and valid. I'm just disappointed in the difference in the board reaction to Ken compared with Mastro, Allen, etc., guys who stole from everyone HERE by using fraudulent means which rose to the level of violations of federal criminal law. The response for the past seven years and even following their indictment and the revelation of Bill's apparent cooperation with the Feds has been tepid at best for reasons you personally know: that board members here made money with Mastro as they turned a blind eye to the fraud as their consignments went through the roof. And while Ken deserves the criticism it just strikes me as a bit bizarre that suddenly the pitch forks and torches are out and while his actions are borderline, I don't see them nearly rising to the level of what would be needed to indict him for mail or wire fraud.
Jeff, none of us are as close to the Mastro indictment as you are. You have been privy to far more evidence than we have. You are also representing numerous people who are or were involved to varying degree.

And I really could not disagree with you more about this absurd statement, "The response for the past seven years and even following their indictment and the revelation of Bill's apparent cooperation with the Feds has been tepid at best for reasons you personally know: that board members here made money with Mastro as they turned a blind eye to the fraud as their consignments went through the roof." Are you seriously saying that everyone who has been less vocal than you is doing so because we all got fat off of our consignments with Mastro and Legendary? You really should think again.

I am not suggesting that Goldin be indicted for misleading buyers into forking over $5,000 for each 1985 Nike Jordan PRO 10, as an example, but at least the victims who were shilled end up with an item they know was worth something close to what they ended up paying. Assuming their purchases were not influenced by misrepresentation by the house or they are astute buyers, they also end up with something that can appreciate.

This thread should not really be about which unethical activity is worse. You should start your own poll thread if you want to go there and if you do don't forget to add trimming up cards and either placing them in graded holders or getting them into graded holders, as options.