View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Default UPDATE: T206 Murr'y Variation grades an SGC 40

Posted By: Kevin Saucier

I'm convinced you can make any T206 variation that has part or all of a letter removed and get it past almost anyone. It just takes a lot of time and many many steps. Couldn't say unless I saw it in person but from the scan it looks good. Sometimes you have to look past the obvious and examine other areas of the card...front and back.

I would just send the Murray in. Better to PSA though, since they are so knowledgable with the Nodgrass (LOL). Which I might add, can be made with the partial "s" as well.

I've shown this home-made Shappe error before but not sure it has been this close. It's currently with Global on a traveling doctored card display. From my understanding it freaks everyone out...to include Baker. Even I have a difficult time finding the alteration in person.

To think the Toront made-error came out even better.

there is no way he could laser off the exact right pieces of the R next to it.

Sure...it can be done. Same proceedure as leaving the tip or the "R" on Shappe, just makes it harder to do. A laser?

Hope this helps!

Kevin

------------------------------

www.AlteredCards.com - in-depth education on advanced card doctoring techniques & detection with detailed examples