View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Bill Gregory

Thanks, guys. When I purchased the Yount, it was graded by the seller as NM +, and it's been in the one touch ever since. Hard to really know for sure what PSA would do with it, and in my experience, this Ebay seller is pretty spot on in their assessments on cards. Thankfully, however, it wasn't all that expensive (I only spent $50).

I'll keep the Yount to look at, and buy another one graded a PSA 8, and keep that locked away. Shouldn't be much more than $100 or so.

The Clemente I'll send in when I get a few more to grade.

By the way, that's a Canon CanoScan 8400F. I got it about 5 months ago for $50 on Ebay. I did my research, and I'm super happy with the results. It has a Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp, which is really important for scanning modern cards like the Bowman Chrome (no streaking). And it has a CCD image sensor. Those are the two things you really need in a scanner for baseball cards, especially graded ones where you're needing depth. Here's the Ralph Kiner I just bought. It does a beautiful job with PSA slabs.

All I did is some very minor tweaking of black levels in Photoshop CS2.

Anybody looking for a scanner, I highly recommend this one.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 01-05-2013 at 05:49 PM.