View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 07:16 AM
Bill Gregory

Default I need some opinions on these two cards please

Hey guys,

I'm considering sending these two cards in to PSA for grading, and would like your opinions on what kind of grade I should expect. Now, when it comes to scanning vintage cards, I'm new at it (my Bowman Chromes show up just fine in one touch cases). I first scanned the Yount raw as color (mult-scan) with 300 dpi. Of course, that came out with a little black line around the card, making judging the edges and corner impossible. How should I be doing it?

First, my 1975 Topps Robin Yount. The card is in really nice shape. The edges appear pretty clean under 10 x magnification (I use both a jeweler's loupe and a magnifying glass). The upper right corner appears like somebody took a thumb tack and ever so slightly pressed it into the cardboard, but there is no hole. Just a slight indentation. The other three corners are pretty clean, as is the surface.

Second is my 1971 Roberto Clemente. I know the '71 set is really condition sensitive because the black chips so easily. The corners are nice, the edges clean, as is the surface. But I am not yet accurate when it comes to gauging just how clean a card is.

I'd be happy to rescan these using another method. I'd like to learn just how to best do it.

Thank you!!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.