View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 05:54 PM
J1m Ch@pman

I am a year late to the party and my name is not Jeff, but it does start with a "J".

I acquired what I anticipated would be a unmounted T5 Chief Bender photo in the recent LOTG auction. I happen to own a beater T5 Bender and a Pinkerton blank back Bender as well. When I compared the new acquisition to the other two it became apparent I was dealing with a different animal altogether. My new acquisition comports with all of the attributes of a potential Pinkerton variant many of you have described in this thread.

Below is a photo I have taken of all three variants side by side. Note the new type is larger than the T5 with more wood grain at the bottom of the photo. There is silvering to the new type so it is definitely a photo and you can see the qualitative difference in the image between it and the blank back which is in decent condition.

I would concur with the opinion that this is some sort of subset that Pinkerton issued for the Philadelphia Athletics, perhaps to commemorate one of their World Championships. I know this thread is a year old, but did anyone else discover further evidence regarding this potential new Pinkerton variant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T5-Bender-image-web.jpg (70.5 KB, 1197 views)