View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 08:22 PM
Emlily Ell.is

Default Am I misunderstanding?

I wasn't sure where to post this. So if this is the wrong section, please move to wherever it needs to be. Here's the deal...

I'm new to vintage and have been trying to study up on condition, etc. over the past month or 2. Since about mid-summer, I've been trying to buy up a few lots here and there to get me a vintage "trade box" going.

I understand Ex to be middle of the road, which is fine with me. I understand that Ex could mean rough corners or edges, off centered, etc. But I've been under the understand that a card can't be deemed "Ex" if it's got creases.

I always try to buy Ex to NM for my sets and trade boxes. But over the past few transactions (probably 5 or so individual card purchase on ebay), I've had 3 of the cards get here creased. One even had a couple of different creases.

Then in my last 2 trades I've received, cards have been creased. Again, I specifically ask the trader (or check the listing) and buy/trade for Ex. But can cards with creases be Ex? Am I just misinformed on what Ex is? Or are the buyers/traders just overstating the condition of their card?

Any help you can give me on understanding condition on vintage would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.