View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Part of the problem for a seller is that the seller has no way of knowing whether the buyer is trying to cheat them by claiming a shortage or damage, or whether there really is a problem, which is why a refund on return of the cards is often the only thing a seller will offer. I'm not saying anything illicit was involved here, just that expecting a seller to let you keep the items and just write a check on faith is not realistic.
That is cerainly your opinion, Adam. But if a buyer buys $1500 worth of cards from me, and says he is missing 3 of the 80, I would usually take their word for it. I usually give my customers the benefit of the doubt. If the BP was 15% then they made $225 of GP. To give back a quarter of that, to a customer that says they were shorted and they believe it was my fault, is not asking too much, imo. Maybe the most important thing is it will probably KEEP THEM AS A CUSTOMER. Again, this is debatable and is just the way I would handle it. I guess I am a push over..... regards