View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Administrator

Default Favorite (and not so favorite) Threads

Posted By: Joann

Favorites:

- Pick ups

- What'd Everyone Get in (recently closed auction), rehashing the auction and people's fortunes, and the requests for winners of specific lots to email people looking for singles.

- NYC Dinner Thread - a classic and maybe the Queen of all Threads

- The thread about not hijacking threads, which was of course immediately hijacked and quickly deteriorated into class warfare. hahahaha.

- I really like the threads that show cards and photos of current people that look similar (one recently started here), and cards of ugliest or funniest or whatever kinds of things.

Least Favorite:

- Class warfare. I actually don't really mind some of the really confrontational threads, but when the fight is about who has how much money and to what effect - those I don't like. Rotting in little shacks, indeed.

- PSA v SGC. Unless something substantial changes with one or the other - or both - I think people are not going to change current opinion so there isn't any point arguing about it. Pointing out fallibilities of the graders is fine, but going Hatfield and McCoy over which is better is pointless.

Ironically, the ones in the middle - neither favorite nor disliked - are those that are the heart of the board. New finds, threads on fakes and alterations, history of cards and the people or both, questions and answers on sets and cards that sometimes contain surprises to everyone, even the threads about genuine problems in the hobby - these are the heart and soul of the board.

Joann