View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 11:23 PM
Jack T

I also prefer scored programs. Every game is unique and it is interesting to me to have a piece associated with a specific game. A team may sell 100's of thousands of programs each year, but if you have a scored program you can know the attendance and consider how many of those fans bought a program, and how many of those kept score, and how many of those were saved through the years.

When I first started working on having at least one Yankees program from each year, and one of each different cover starting in the 1960's, I didn't really care whether or not it was scored. But that changed when I realized I actually did have a preference and in general it was just as easy to get a scored one as an unscored.

I will say however, that it is interesting to go through an unscored program for the clues which lead to determining which series it was from. Of course, this is not really a challenge in the programs which show the player's averages to that point in the season and say "Averages thru" a certain date!