View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 09:27 AM
Belltown Vintage

Default Big Ebay Fail last night

If you listed items that ended between 7:00-7:30 Pacific last night, you might want to read this.

I had a $2,400 snipe in on an item that ended last night at 7:30PM Pacific. A little after 7:00 I noticed that I could no longer get to the item to view it - I was in the middle of listing items for sale, and that feature also stopped working (couldn't use the 'selling' link).

I put in snipes just in case I forget about an important auction, or I'm away from the computer, so I started thinking that it was a good thing that I had the snipe in. When I clicked on the auction link from the 'item about to end' ebay email, I got an 'Invalid Item' message. I tried to click auction links for some of the items I had listed earlier that evening, and same thing: 'invalid item'. This continued until shortly after the auction ended, at which time I found that a bid put in prior to the ebay problems won at $1,225 - half of my snipe!

This morning I got an auction sniper report that my snipe had failed because it was an 'invalid item'. I clicked the link and it worked fine. I'm not surprised, as the item had a value of around $2,500-3,000 and I wasn't expecting my $2,400 snipe to win - the only way it went for such a low price was because no one could either bid or snipe. I let the seller know that he got screwed and explained what happened from my end.

Does he have any remedies?

Last edited by Runscott; 10-30-2015 at 09:28 AM.