View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:25 PM
Steve K@mmɘyɘr

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
Yes - my husband holds this account, but there are females out there that collect and follow your posts. A short introduction: My name is Kristin Buckler, I am a female and I collect! (I have met some of you at the Net54 dinners held at the Nationals)

My husband Chris and I collect together and are dealers. He does handle the buying, but we both share a love for 1907 Tigers, 19th century to 1900's Louisville players, as well as, tobacco packs and tobacco advertising pieces. Of course our collection expands to include many other players and teams but our primary love is Cobb and t206's. We battle at times over our favorite players and their stories, but we enjoy the ultimate hunt for the obscure.

I have personally had the opportunity to meet female collectors that range from newbies to knowledgeable hobbyist. In fact we recently sold a Novelty Cutlery Lajoie SGC 4 to a female this past year whom is a Cleveland collector. We also work closely with another female that is working to compile an E & T set collection for her 2 boys. She attempts to complete 1 set per year of their birth....I wish my Mom would have done this for me.

Yes, this is primarily a boys club, but don't discount the women that are in the hobby who enjoy the chase. They may not be on the boards or they may not feel comfortable enough to post, but we are here and we are buying just like you!

p.s. - Thanks Andrew for the love! See you in Chicago
will you marry me?? it's ok that you have a hubby...... im not mad at you
in all seriousness ... i hope to meet you guys in chicago this year!!

Last edited by sdkammeyer; 01-28-2013 at 10:27 PM.