View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 12:15 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
Very, very cool cards. I'm all for a card with excellent historic value.

I will say you might want to get insurance for those cards, though. You never know - they might just disappear.
Thanks for the kind words, Kyle.

I just happened to be online at around 4 a.m one morning last week when I received an eBay e-mail alert that a Heinz Earhart card was newly listed. Even though the listing had a "best offer" option, I just hit the BIN because I was pretty sure someone else would if I didn't.

That is one of the cards I have had on my want list for a while now, but never really thought I would own. Both the Howard Hughes card and the Earhart card list for $750 in excellent condition, but that price seems to be a shot in the dark, considering how rare they are. The Hughes card may list for $750 in excellent condition, but one sold for over $2,000 at REA last year in PSA 5. And Earhart's Heinz card is even more elusive than Hughes'. From looking at the limited amount of data available, Earhart's card seems to sell for more than Hughes' when in identical grades.

The Mars Confections card rarely shows up for sale, but it is less than $100. Other than the Heinz card, her cards are very accessible price wise for how big an icon she remains.

Last edited by Bored5000; 05-20-2018 at 02:24 PM.