View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 09:59 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcard1 View Post
The most boring thing in sports is the last two minutes of a basketball game when one team is about 10 points down and resort to fouling hoping to trade 3s for 1s or 2s. It almost never works, but it does occassionally which is why they do it.
Not only boring, but this is very frustrating when it causes a game to run longer than the time scheduled for it by the TV station, the result being that the next scheduled game has been in progress for several minutes by the time the TV station finally switches over to it. This happened to me this afternoon, as I was not able to watch the first several minutes of my #1 UVA Cavaliers vs. Pittsburg. Ugh!
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.