View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 06:58 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTysver View Post
I don't really see this as a bubble as it was in the 1990s.
For starters, the cards that took a dive were not vintage cards. Those pretty much kept their value.
I see this as the time when cards are starting to move again after a good 20 years of doing very little.
The price of cards didn't boom in the 90s much at all, they boomed in the 80s with the rookie craze at that time. When the market on new stuff crashed, the old stuff didn't follow.
Every bubble pops in time.

The laws of economics dictate that value cannot rise infinitely. Eventually the market settles and prices level. The extent of that pop is really the non-constant. But as in all things, ie: stocks, real estate, precious metals...everything, it will fluctuate. The true guessing game is finding the highs and lows and selling and buying accordingly.

I don't believe we have hit the high yet, but it will come. You can't stop inevitability. Also, once the competition is priced out and the upper crust have gathered all they want, the sellers market dries and thus begins the fall.

I am certainly not quitting, but I may just stand on the sidelines and watch for a bit and just grab some of the low hanging fruit for a smidgen and see how it plays out.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.