View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

Peter...not a bad comparison to a cult...we all have differing degrees of obsession with cards and OBC is certainly a way that I "manage" my addiction. But it is more than that. I have attended OBC weddings (had OBC members at my wedding too), golf tournaments, card shows (every year at the national, all OBC members who attend are invited to a large swap one night where members just bring their dup. boxes and just trade...remember trading...like the old days?), have been to OBC dinners, I have opened my house to OBCers (in fact, one of my oldest OBC friends Peter is coming over Sunday to check out my collection and new house), gone to games, Vegas, etc. It is friendship group based on cards...we are open to anyone with a love of baseball cards. People can leave OBC anytime they want (or go inactive as well and come back later when their passion or time or ??? allows for more trading). OBCers are very open and at the National (and other shows) they can been seen wearing pins, hats, tshirts, etc. We even had our own trading card set produced a few times featuring OBC traders!!

Joshua