Thread: Greg Morris
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 01:54 PM
Greg Sm!th

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post

I do find it strange that they have so many bidders like the one I posted earlier. That bidder had 488 bids in the last month on 104 different items. 100% of those bids are with GM. That averages out to 16 bids a day with only 1 seller and the bidder rarely if ever wins anything.
I throw out tons of bids on his cards but do win my fair share. I usually bid on high grade football and basketball for 2 reasons. I love those sports as much as baseball and I feel that the going prices for these cards are undervalued compared to their baseball sibling. If I can get a nrmt card for $3 or under vs a psa graded card for $30 i'm buying 10 of the ungraded (different players) all day. I'mnot looking to send to PSA nor have I ever sent any cards to PSA. I like to collect what I like and try and find the best grade possible. I just find that he is one of the best when it comes to describing condition. Yes, I have gotten some that I don't feel were as described and couldn't be seen in pictures (some having indents on them that can only be seen when turned into the light) but i'm happy with the majority I receive.

I'm just a small fish in his big pond and rarely spend over 4.00 for a card. I have wo plenty of his auctions for the .79 starting price and I usually average out around 2.00 If I can pick up football and basketball Hall of Famers (obviously not the big, well known players...but still Hall of Famers) from the 50's and 60's in nrmt condition for those prices i'd br crazy not to.

It's like everything else in life. I'm sure a lot of people before the internet had their favorite card shop or TTM dealer. Same with me and Greg Morris Cards. I'm just a happy customer who gets me what I'm looking for to add to my PC at a nice price. I lose way more than I win but in the month of December I probably purchased over 300 cards from him. I don't know him and i'm not affiliated with him in any way. Trough my bidding history I might look like a shill but i'm definitely just a collector looking to add to my collection. I'm sure there are others that bid just as I do with his stuff.

GREG SMITH from QUINCY, MA

Last edited by greg19; 01-01-2020 at 03:53 PM. Reason: To follow rules