View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 01:03 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
There is definitely moisture in my bank's vault, though no one at my bank has acknowledged it. You can feel the stuffiness/humidity in there, and this moisture seemed to cause a few items to stick to their plastic sleeves, ruining a few...
Hi Ian, I didn't remark upon this in your original thread, but you live in San Francisco, I believe, and I live near you in the Oakland/Alameda area. Is there really that much humidity here? The Bay Area practically has the same temperature all year round, and even during the wet winter months, I don't think the humidity is all that bad. If it's more inland, I could understand. I don't bother with desiccants for my card collection. However, I do have a growing stamp collection, where I am thinking of desiccants as I think the gum on the stamps may be much more sensitive than cardboard stock. However, as long as I keep my cards in a living area or at the bank safety deposit box, I'm not too worried. (I do admit my garage does become hot and humid sometimes as there is not much air circulation there.)