View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 12:55 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezHood View Post
Awesome! Thanks Jeff. Very nice items. And thanks for providing some additional info on Latone.

Its so interesting the difference between remembered and forgotten sometimes. Could it also be because Nevers overshadowed Latone? Sometimes with all-decade or anniversary teams, etc., maybe the energy isn't spent to look at another fullback from 90 years ago. Not saying its right. I'm glad he's mentioned here. Its definitely an aspect of collecting I enjoy to remember some of these forgotten players and try to bring up their names when I can - he'd have my HOF vote.

Question - I'm always looking for a Chicle connection - is George Kenneally in the Bulldogs team photo?

Finally, didn't want to hijack the thread - I'd love to see more of the star player candy set.
I could go all day on Pottsville perhaps a separate thread on the Maroons (and other related teams from Pottsville!) would be good at some point.

Kenneally is holding the football in the Bulldogs picture. He is also second from the right kneeling down in the reunion picture.

I have a copy of the agreement Kenneally and other players signed with Doc Striegel to "own" the team for a year and then have the right to purchase it outright (if I remember correctly). I'll have to find it to see exactly what the terms were.

jeff