View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 06:40 PM
J Stone

The Billy Martin has a chance, but I don't like the others…

On the two Dimaggio's the bolder one the "gg" look off and the one with Mantle, while that one might look a little better the J in Joe bother's me. I've seen him sign balls in person and he always starts that J with such confidence. Also what's with leaving space for another signer on the ball? I always am suspect when two stars are on the sweet spot on a non-team ball unless they were done at the same time by request. The two different pens I think is intentional and don't like that Mantle at all with the big spacing in the M's.

The Yaz is a little too neat for me. He's normally a very sloppy signer. On the flip side the Koufax looks too neat, and too labored.

The Maris just strikes me as wrong…call it a "blink" moment.

The bottom line is, and it pains me to say it, is "what will PSA or JSA think". And to that I don't think any of those will pass save for possibly the Martin. It would be a big financial hit to send all those in and fail.

Just one man's opinion and looking forward to what others have to say.

PS. Forgot to mention, on Yaz, the couple I got in person when he was playing, the C completely encircles the "arl" in his first name.

Last edited by MooseDog; 11-24-2013 at 06:42 PM.