Thread: pwcc
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 01:03 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyseymour View Post
How hard is it to understand? It's all put right there for you!
Not hard at all to understand. You are inferring that the settings on a scanner should never be adjusted when scanning a card. Pretty simple to understand.

How hard are these comments to understand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Are you saying it's best to just use the standard factory setting on every scan you make?

If so, I disagree pretty strongly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
You are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
It seems Scott's only point is that, with some scanners and some items, the factory settings will not provide an accurate representation and therefore some adjustments may be necessary. That seems pretty straightforward to me and it makes sense because my own scanner (part of an all in one) can be very inaccurate on certain colors.
I don't mean to speak for Peter, but I belive he's agreeing that it's sometimes necessary to adjust the settings to get an accurate representation of a card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I will add my half cent to the scanner setting debate. I have probably done 2000 scans in the last 3-4 yrs. On about 2-3 cards I HAD to adjust settings so the card would look correct in hand, as seen from the scan.
I think Leon is saying the same thing as well (but I don't mean to speak for him either).