View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Ken Goldin

Default 4 of 4 FiNAL

part 4 of 4, final

All of this brings us to Goldin Auctions. I have purchased millions over the years from auction houses (all of them practically) and consigned millions as well. It is thru that experience, and noticing the downfalls, the problems, the high fees, the lack of good LOAs, that drove me to start this business. I prefer not to list out all the things that drove me to open the business, but an interview with me that goes into detail is in the SCD.

Some of the keys to the auction house
1. any graded cards will be graded by PSA or SGC..ONLY
2. all autographed items will come with FIRST PARTY AUTHENTICATION (verifiable authenticity from MLB, UDA, Steiner) OR come with a cert/letter from PSA/DNA NO AUCTION LETTER CERTS. if there is a large grouping of autographs it may be PSA/DNA pre cert. No more spending $1000+ on an item at auction and having to spend another $25-$150 for a full letter (and worse, finding out their more stringent check of the item rules it non authentic...something that has happened to me several times on 'auction LOAs'

3. all game used items will come with a letter directly from player, team, and absent that a letter from Mears (jersey) or Mears/PSA/DNA (bats)
4. no more 18-20% buyers premium. our buyers premium is only 10%
5. considering my background in player relations, our specialty will be bringing player collections to the auction.
6. we will have over 1000 lots in the first auction, featuring Babe Ruth autographed bat, 1980 Phillies WS ring, Alomar gold glove, Jordan Amex card, Rice TD jersey, Jordan game used jersey, The Bernie parent collection, The Dave Schultz collection, rare baseball cards, and i promise you this, a lot of big surprises that are going to shock some people that a 'new' auction house got such a valuable and prestigious item .
7. an experienced staff (go to 'about us' section at www.goldinauctions.com) with impeccable reputations in the industry. Industry legends who have been in the business for 40+ years like Phil Spector, 30 years for harry Bryant, Extensive auction and EBAY experience like Scott Gaynor, long time well known hobby collectors and dealers like Rob Mitchell, etc.
8. no house bidding (enough said)
9. If an item has a reserve , you will know about it well before closing night of the auction.

I ask that you give us a try, and see for yourself. Check out our web site, our staff, and when the catalog comes out, our items. I am going to work hard to earn your trust and support. I believe I have in great detail and length addressed any questions that were raised about me 10-20 years ago. I will not comment on them further on these boards because, to be honest, everyone has a comment to add, and some will simply want it to go on forever. Hopefully all of this has to at least some of you shed some light on things. I was probably known as someone who was not accessible to the hobby, did not do shows, conventions, or forums. All of that is changing. I will be doing the show circuit with the team to promote the business, and importantly for net 54 members, will make myself accessible to answer questions with respect to authenticity, older items you want to make sure are actually 'from SB and real' and most importantly help you avoid autograph forgeries. I am also always available to PM and ask a private question or send me an image to look at and see if I have any info. I would like to help make this forum and great community a better place, and I would like your input and help in making www.goldinauctions.com the best it can be. PLEASE...help yourselves here. If there are things that I have not addressed that you always wanted to see, or things you wanted fixed in an auction house, now is your chance. Our first Auction closes 11/1-2, and we currently have over $3 million and counting for auction. Tell me what you want to see, and especially what you do not want to see.
For those of you who took the time to carefully read all 4 posts, you have my thanks and appreciation.
regards
Ken Goldin
again, i will make myself available by PM here, as well as email at ken@goldinauctions.com