View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
It was more than one post...and I have to tell you, I am critical of more auction houses and dealers than everyone else on this board is put together. And I've gotten attacked repeatedly for it (not that I care obviously but still) -- especially when I dared to go after Mastro and Dougie. Maybe I'm not the guy to give crap to for cozying up to the industry?
I don't think you are cozying up to the industry but I do feel there are only a few people or houses who are in your sights. Being critical is not the same as what you did with Doug and Bill and the others who are on your list. That's all I am sayin'.

But this thread is about Ken Goldin, which got derailed with your jab at me. Takes but a minute to do a search and find out about Goldin's past, assuming you do not already know about it. I would think a guy who is not cozy with the industry and is critical of auction houses would be concerned.

I do not know Goldin nor have I done business with him but collectors were clearly taken advantage of, if not defrauded, by him. Not just on Home Shopping, where he hyped truly worthless cards to an unsuspecting public but also claims that a great deal of the Scoreboard, Inc signed material never passed authentication despite the LOA's they offered.