View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 06:34 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I'm curious because of how similar the cards appear . There was a thread about this last year in which a board member speculated that my Beaumont wasn't really missing the red. He thought that the card had been pinned-up in the sun, causing the red to fade.
Now here is another card that appears to have been pinned-up at some point, and it has the same amount of missing red color. Either he was right, or that is an amazing coincidence.

Sorry I can't remember the board member, or I would credit him by name.
Sean, I may have been a person who suggested that many of the light or slight missing red cards could be caused by sun damage or UV exposure. Not all but many IMO. Not sure if was about your Ginger card or not. It may have been a thread that discussed the below H&S auction lot. On the below cards I have little doubt UV played a role in their looks.

I wondered when these cards would show up again. Looks like they have. It's a shame the display pieces we're dismantled IMO...but the buyers choice in the end.

Sean B you may already be aware but many of your above scans seem to show cards that came from this group of cards affixed to the folk art items that sold in this H&S lot. Just an FYI.

http://jan12.hugginsandscott.com/cgi...l?itemid=41515

Cheers,

John

Last edited by wonkaticket; 07-14-2014 at 06:38 PM.