View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 06:18 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
Ok so it was a cell phone pic. I was honest with him from the get go and said I would pay 200 because I wanted to sell it and make a few bucks on it. He said he couldn't but he'd do 275 heck even 250. He said there were a few "light creases". He then told me all he deals with is raw and he's very accurate at grading. I said ok to 250. Thinking I could make 50-75 on it. (Couldn't tell how bad the crease was from pics) upon arrival this card is a good at best. Terrible crease. I politely asked for a refund and he said no refunds. I can get my money out of the card from someone else.
Usually if it seems to good to be true it is. Would think that if you thought you could make 50-75 off it the seller would think the same if the card was actually in the condition the seller represented it to be. Never understood why people think they can buy raw cards accept someone's opinion as to condition, someone who they don't know and then think they can flip the card for a profit.

Aside from that since the card wasn't graded I would think it's only right that you would have the opportunity for a refund. If the card was graded I'd say it would be acceptable to not offer a refund since a graded card has effectively become commoditized but in this case, if what you are saying is accurate, I'd say you have an argument.